Thursday 29 November 2007

Every Moment Captive for Christ

I'm making a new resolution. I've decided I'm going to be much more regular with my blog entries... this decision is all part of a new determination to take every moment captive to Christ... hmmm, I realise I'm rushing, let me start from the beginning...

It all started when my MAPP group (church small group) gathered together to look at the topic of biblical manhood and womanhood. As one would expect, us girlies separated off to tackle the "dreaded" Proverbs 31 woman. Pure perfection - a multitasker - admired mother, loved wife, respected businesswoman - she seems to have it all.

As we worked through the passage us gals picked out one challenge of biblical womanhood that we knew we were failing in... one area of our calling as women that we were failing to live up to. For one woman it was the challenge to do her husband "good, and not harm, all the days of her life" (v12), for another it was the challenge to have a positive attitude in the face of uncertainty "Strength and dignity are her clothing and she laughs at the time to come", for me it was undoubtedly the challenge of this womans industriousness. I had been increasingly convicted at the amount of time I waste, and the challenge that the Proverbs 31 woman "she seeks wool and flax and works with willing hands" (v13), "she rises while it is yet night" (v15)... the chapter is littered with her hard work and time management!

Of course, this womans motivation is not a desire to be a better person; no. It is summed up in verse 30 - "A woman who fears the Lord is to be praised"... she desires to honour God in all she does; that is all the motivation she needs!

The motivation was there, now all I needed was the means! For a girl whose life is decidedly chaotic, this was no easy task. But the Girl Talk gals came to my aid with a fantastic little book called "Shopping for Time" - short, sweet and simple, the book identifies our need to honour God with the time he has given us, and very practically lays out some tips on time management.

So, I have decided to blog more regularly because I think its a good use of time - it helps me focus my thoughts, and leaves me praising the One who has made me to use every minute for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!