Friday 18 November 2011

Austrian Blessing

This week we were blessed to have my good friend Simone staying with us. She braved the house of horrors and brightened up the place for a few, too short, days. Yesterday morning, as we sat enjoying breakfast, sharing the work God has been doing in our lives, reading the Word and praying together, I was reminded what a blessing it is to have christian friends who encourage, challenge and cheer us on in the race.

Simone is heading abroad in 53 days as a missionary. It was so refreshing to spend time with this godly young woman and be refreshed and encouraged by her faith, her passion and her calling. It reminded me to question again the direction of our lives... are we where God wants us? Are we actively pursuing his will for our lives? Am I so comfortable that I'm failing to seek his guidance and direction?

All good questions to ponder over the next few days, but for now, I just feel so privileged to have had my wonderful friend here and look forward to seeing her in Austria soon one last time before she heads away.

Praise God for christian brothers and sisters around the world who point us to the Saviour

Claire x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!