Thursday 16 August 2012

All over the place...

I just wanted to apologise for my lack of posting recently... I'm in summer holiday mode, and summer holiday mode utterly throws my routine out the window. I have become so disorganised and I hate it! I haven't written a to-do list in about 2 months, I'm choosing what to cook about five minutes before I cook it (meaning I haven't got what I need so quick rush down to Sainsbury's!) and I'm running in a constant state of "is there something I'm meant to be doing right now?"

Some people find that way of living freeing... I find it utterly stressful! When term ends and the summer holidays begin, I always wonder how it is I always seem to want to go back to work in September. Now I remember why. I thrive on routine and order and organisation (to those of you who know me well - don't laugh out loud - I thrive on my own form of those things... I am absolutely NOT one of those walking organisers...) I LOVE having my husband at home, I LOVE having lazy days, I LOVE going on day trips... but there is something as well that loves knowing that on Monday I'll do all my washing, on Tuesday I'll meet up with the NCT girls, on Wednesday I'll have Bible Study, on Thursday I'll work, on Friday I'll have Tots group...

I have two more weeks of summer madness, and I intend to enjoy every second of it, because I know in four weeks time, I'll be wishing it would come round again... wishing I could enjoy a late breakfast, sit outside with my Kindle while Ava naps, spend a day in London with my husband. But maybe I can find a compromise... maybe it is possible to bring a little bit of structure to summer days!

I'm going to write the first to-do list of two months tomorrow.

I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds just like how my summer hols is going. Enjoy the rest x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!