Tuesday 25 September 2012

Autumn treats...

After our "Pick-your-own" experience last week, I came home, laden down with blackberries, and excited about conjuring some YUM treat. As they can be a little on the bitter side, I figured a blackberry-apple crumble was the way forward. When I got home from Mums and Tots on Friday, and put Ava down for her nap, my friend Chez and I headed out to the garden to attempt to retrieve some apples from our apple tree.

Sounds easy, but when you only have a leaning ladder, and all the apples seem to enjoy growing on the outskirts of the branches, it can be a little interesting. With the aid of a rake, a little jumping, and two pairs of hands, we managed to get two yummy green apples down and hit the kitchen.

I googled the following recipe from BBC recipes... HIGHLY recommended!

Apple & blackberry crumble recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

Absolutely AWESOME, delicious and scrummy! My NCT friends popped over that afternoon and this...



became this...

I did actually adapt the crumble mixture, because I love my crumble to be a bit oaty, so I halved the flour and put in the other half as porridge oats instead.

A perfectly delicious, autumny treat!!

With all this yucky weather (though I am actually a bit of a secret rain fan... it's just so nice and COSY!), Ava and I snuggled up with Big Bear and Baby for a bit of "Caillou" as well... here's my little telly addict...


Autumn's coming... and I'm so very excited! Crunchy leaves, cool, crisp air, snuggly afternoons and being shut in while it pours outside... I LOVE it!

Thank you Lord for the lovely rain, for blackberries, fresh-baked crumble, lazy afternoons and back-garden apple trees! What a good Provider we have!

He makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth; he sends lightning with the rain and brings out the wind from his storehouses
Psalm 135:7

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh wie lecker, schade dass du so weit weg bist und ich nicht "mal eben" auf nen leckeren Crumble vorbeikommen kann :-(

    Liebe Grüße

    Catrin

    ICH KANN DIE DOOOOOFEN BILDER NICHT LESEN CLAIRE!!! Ich glaube desshalb kommentiert bei dir auch niemand so wirklich gerne!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!