Tuesday 4 December 2012

Countdown to Christmas 2: Candles and wreaths...

I love a good wreath, who doesn't? Most years, I whip out my straw ring and conjure something up - a lot of greenery, garden wire, ribbon and cutesy decorations. But this year I wanted to do something different...

OK... wanted to? Or had to...? What with having a one-year-old running about the place (and having spent Saturday in A and E with her... no worries - 2 perforated ear drums and a lot of anti-biotics later, she's back to her usual looney self), being 27 weeks pregnant and starting a business, the LAST thing I had time to do was spend 2-3hours making a wreath (thats actually the easy bit - I find it such a chore finding evergreen stuff these days!! Anyone know anywhere good you can get the stuff without paying a fortune at the garden centre?!)

So, it was time to try something different. I picked up 4 GORGEOUS cranberry scented candles from T.K.Maxx and got creative with some fir cones that Ava and my Mum collected back in the autumn.

You can make fir cones, candles and a nice christmassy plate go a long way!!


Anyone else done anything lovely and wreathy? And perhaps a bit more creative than my meagre attempt this year?? It's a little bit less adventurous than my previous creations, but I like a bit of simplicity now and again, and it looks so pretty when its all lit up...


Here's some inspiration if you are looking to do something a bit more creative...







 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!