Friday 8 February 2013

The things they say... on baby names...

Funny things children have done or said this week...

Yesterday in the classroom during guided reading... Working with centre table when I suddenly become aware that to my right a group of year 5 girls have stopped working, and started gaping open-mouthed at me...

'Whats wrong girls?" I ask innocently...
Year 5 girl... "I... I... Just saw your tummy move all by itself...!"
Me: "yes girls, its called a baby, now back to work!"



At home on Wednesday evening, David asks Ava...
"Ava, do you think you're going to have a brother or a sister?"
(Decisively) "a sister..."
Momentary pause... Before she exclaims loud and proud, for all to hear, the girls name we have chosen (which incidentally we have kept secret...)
Right, need to be more careful about talking about things in front of her then...


This little one is so busy looking after her "babies" at the mo... Here she is reading them a story... she lined them all up herself! Teacher in the making?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!