I was reading a blog post the other day over at Molly Makes Do and came across a post she had written called "Great girls your daughter should know" and I felt really inspired to come up with my own list...
As I'm sure you have all realised by now, I am an AVID reader. I adore books... I always have. It'a a love my own Mum instilled in me as a little girl, and its a love I intend to instill in my own little girlies over the coming years. There is something wonderful about the world of fiction; lessons learned, adventures undertaken, creativity... and I want so much for my girlies to meet some particular characters, grow to love them, learn alongside them and laugh with them...
So here's the list of the top 20 girls I want my daughters to know... anyone else got any suggestions? Comment me below!!! I'd love to hear your recommendations!
1) Anne Shirley (from Anne of Green Gables)
2) Heidi (surely that was a given!)
3) Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy March (from Little Women)
4) Pollyanna Whittier (Pollyanna)
5) Katy Carr (from What Katy Did)
6) Christy Huddleson (from Catherine Marshall's "Christy")
7) Mary, Laura and Carrie Ingalls (from the Little House on the Prairie series)
8) Darrell Rivers (from Malory Towers)
9) Mary Lennox (The Secret Garden)
10) Lucy and Susan (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe)
11) Lizzie Bennet (Pride and Prejudice)
12) Milly Molly Mandy
13) Scout Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird)
14) Arrietty (The Borrowers)
15) Bobbie (The Railway Children)
16) Pippi Longstocking
17) Mary Poppins
18) Margaret Thursday (Thursday's Child)
19) Francie Nolan (A Tree Grows in Brooklyn)
20) Alice and Edith (Children of the New Forest)
- Simple Living