Tuesday 11 March 2014

Something to sing about...

I love to sing. Always have, and I'm pretty sure I always will. From a very young age I loved to perform at family get-togethers, I sang in school assemblies and school choirs. I sang while doing the washing up, and in my bedroom with my CD-player maxed out (yes those were the days before the Apple monopoly!) My Mum always commented that the house was much quieter when I wasn't around. I just loved to sing.

Around the age of eighteen, I started to sing at worship events. Initially on a youth conference, then at the kids praise at my university church, and for the last few years at my home church. David and I have been privileged to lead the worship at our church for the last 5 years and I can honestly say it is such an honour and joy to me.

I get to sing about the best news in the world, to the one who made me, loves me beyond anything I could ever deserve, and delights in hearing my feeble attempts at giving him glory!


These next three weeks are busy for us... We are leading worship at a women's conference on Saturday (and leaving the girls overnight with their grandparents for the first time... Eek!), then leading at a youth event the following week, and then leading a prayer and praise night at church the following Saturday. Of course, mixed into all that are regular Sunday services. 

Busy, busy, busy.

But as we met together as a band last night, and just had so much fun jamming, rehearsing and singing praises to our Saviour, I was reminded of a song from my uni days. It's easy to get sucked into the joy of making music (we are so blessed to have some truly incredible musicians) and lose sight of the purpose of it all.

So as we head into three weeks of rehearsing, planning, practicing and organising, here's what I'm dwelling on...


Oh, and if you are part of our church, stick March 29th in your diary! 


4 comments:

  1. There's nothing better than being a worshipper! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gud velsigne dykk særleg mykje denne helga.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing you at the weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!