Monday 7 April 2014

Blog Your Heart Out

Last week, the lovely Sophie at Franglaise Mummy tagged me in this chain post called "Blog your Heart Out" and the idea is that I share a little bit about me and my blog with you all. I've been given 5 questions to answer, and then have to tag another five bloggers to pass the baton on.

As a kid, I used to love those chain letters, and I felt honoured to have been asked to take part in this one. I met Sophie when Ava and I walked #Honkopoly for charity, as she was one of the key organisers of the London leg of the Team Honk Relay. We raised an incredible £31,626 for Sport Relief in the end - thank you SO MUCH to all of our supporters!

           
    
Anyway, back to the questions!

Who/What encouraged you to start blogging? 
I used to read a few blogs in my last year at uni, and then started to blog after I graduated, but didn't tell anyone about it. I blogged sporadically and secretly for 4 years before telling anyone! It was just somewhere to get my thoughts down. Then, in December 2011, Ava and I headed to Austria without the rest of the family, and so I publicised the blog so they could follow what we were up to... It just kind of took off from there, and has grown in a way I never expected or intended it to!

How did you choose what topics to blog about? 
My blog has always been, and continues to be, just a record of our life... So it's a bit of a patchwork, and doesn't really fit into any of the official categories. I blog mainly about faith and family... And recently I've started to get a bit more into photography too.

What is something most people don’t know about you?
There's not a lot people don't know about me... I'm really a heart on sleeve kind of girl. But, I don't know, perhaps people don't know that I play the piano? Not as well as I'd like too, but its something I'm hoping to invest some more time in this year. Also, I'm a big reader. I devour books!

What three words describe your style?
Chatty, creative, optimistic.

What do you love to do when you’re not blogging?
Being with my little family... Reading piles of books... Taking photos... Having creative projects... other people's blogs... Singing... Dancing... Reading my bible... Catch-ups over a cuppa... Being busy... Sewing... Riding my beautiful bicycle... talking to people about Jesus... buying cute fabric... The list goes on...!

So there you go... A little bit of background on me... And now its my turn to tag five more lovely bloggers, whose blogs I highly recommend by the way!

Suzanne at 3 Children and It
Carie at Space for the Butterflies
Jess at Catch a Single Thought
Michelle at Mummy from the Heart
Karen at Let Kids be Kids

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely post - it was so nice to meet you (and Ava) when we did #Honkopoly, and lovely to read this and learn even more about you x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!