Monday 2 October 2017

Frantic // When life runs at breakneck speed

                        
                      

It's been a little crazy these past few weeks... Life has felt like a bit of a whirlwind and I can't quite put my finger on it. Perhaps it's the nature of a new school year, perhaps the contrast to a long, laid back summer, perhaps the adjustment to half of us now being out of the house everyday.

It wasn't exactly as I pictured it...

If I'm honest my head feels full. I roll into bed, drowsy-eyed, ready for a night of broken sleep and an early start. We are all fit and well, healthy and happy, and yet there has been a sense that something's wrong brewing for a few weeks now.

And I know exactly what it is.


                         
    

When my life is busy and full, I go into autopilot. I run full throttle into everything that needs done... I go into power mode relying on my own strength and stamina. I jump from one thing to the next like a kid in a jumperoo (check out Elias with his new toy!)

And yet when I do that, I end up feeling lost.

Because I wasn't designed to power through life at break neck speed, flying solo... I was designed to rely every day on my Jesus... To cast my cares on him, to follow his lead, to find my strength and energy in his resources. And when I do that? Life functions better... I have peace and joy and rest in him.

                         
      
And so I wave goodbye to the whirlwind... Life may still be busy, but it is no longer overwhelming. And I welcome the words Jesus spoke...

"Come to me you who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light" 


                          
    


2 comments:

  1. You are the mother of 4 small lovely children which is itself a FULL time job apart from all the other things you do. Love you xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a welcome reminder, pointing this slightly weary reader back to Jesus :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!