Saturday 7 October 2017

The Irony of Relinquishment...



We were so weekend ready this week.

It's been a crazy, wonderful season...

Full to the brim. In every sense of the phrase. And then yesterday, as I pulled up at the Post Office to pick up a parcel we'd missed, I got the news that my blog had been shortlisted for an award. It seems ironic, in many ways. I feel that this little space has been forced to take more of a back seat these past few months as I adjust to mothering four, and it feels ironic to me that right when I let go, it appears to get noticed.

And isn't that so often the way God works? When we relinquish, and hand over... When we let go and offer up... That's when he allows the blessing to fall... Because we know we can't take the credit, can't take the glory.

It's all of him.

Every word. Every phrase. Every evening spent typing into the night. Every tear that dropped on my keyboard. Every memory captured, prayer uttered, thought shared... It's all of him. Because here on this little blog I have, so many times, met with the Saviour. The process of writing bringing clarity and meaning and conviction... Reminding me of ageless truths and kept promises. Preaching to me. Time and time. And time again.

Thank you for joining me on the journey. To those of you who have walked through the posts of this blog with us... Through the highs and the lows, the joys and the sorrows.

I hope you have seen him.

Thank you to whoever nominated this little space. I am humbled and grateful.

To God be the Glory 

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!