Tuesday 22 May 2018

A Royal Feast // Celebrating with Little Ones

 

I have always been a royalist. For as far back as I can remember the royal family have fascinated me and as a child I collected photos and newspaper snippings in a scrapbook. Even as an adult, my friends joke that I'm useless in pub quizzes until the royal family comes up... then I can pretty much answer any questions you throw at me. As small children (sorry Kris!), my sister and I used to play princesses - I was always Zara, and she was always Beatrice, and my best friend and I collected royal sticker albums growing up (we may also have written some rather hilarious letters to Prince Harry - Katherine, you win that one!) I've pretty much not missed a major royal event; going up to London for the jubilees, to lay flowers for Diana, to watch the car drive past and wave at the Buckingham Palace balcony. And I've loved the Netflix series "The Crown".

But with Dave away at the weekend (back in Norway), and four small children in tow, there was no way I was going to attempt heading up to London for the wedding of the year.





So instead, we decided to bring the royal party here... all the red, white and blue, wedding cake(thank you Kate!) and a celebratory High Tea, for our little princes and princesses to enjoy! And I was joined by fellow royal fans and their little people too (some of them less obsessed, some of them even more fanatic - I won't name names!)

It was such a fun afternoon!









1 comment:

  1. Looks like a right royal time was had by all in your chessington home, how lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!