Saturday 6 January 2024

Growing up too quick // An adventure with my biggest girl!

I love trawling back through the history of these posts... I started blogging shortly after Ava was born... there are treasure troves of memories here that I'm so thankful to have - moments recorded in word and picture that would have been long forgotten had I not been marking all those memories on this blog. These days our children love to pour over the posts and laugh at the comedy moments. I'm so glad to have it.

And on Wednesday we hit another milestone as my biggest girl did something that, in my mind at least, catapulted her right into the "really growing up now" category.

Can you spot the difference?!


On Wednesday Ava had her ears pierced!

While Dave was at home with the boys, and Heidi was at a Theatre Workshop for the day, Ava and I had a little one on one time and headed to our local beautician to get her ears pierced!


It was a really lovely experience, and felt like a bit of a milestone! Perhaps the return to newborn life in the next couple of weeks is helping me appreciate these growing up days a little more. I don't feel that dull ache of them now - of waving goodbye to the little years (I have plenty more of them to come) but I am loving watching my children transform into the grown-ups they will one day be, and embracing all the milestones on the way. The years are so short - it feels like so little time has past since the girls were little - and yet, somehow it also feels like yesterday.

Time is a funny thing, isn't it?

And so we enjoyed our little trip out, our conversations about her responsibility to now look after them.

And it won't be long before I'm back there - Heidi is already planning on joining our "pierced ears" club for her 11th birthday in March.

Oh my little girls - slow down! 



2 comments:

  1. I remember sara now 45 going to get hers done while I waited 20 years ago due to a friend misleading me to Claire in Epsom I wasn't sure but it was great so now one down one to go xxxx prayers for bubba did you get to Cory's wedding???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ❤️

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!