Thursday 13 December 2007

"I'm Sorry!" Or am I?


Do you ever suddenly come to the conclusion that perhaps God is trying to teach you something, because suddenly every conversation you have seems to allude to a particular topic without you initiating it? every book you read seems to talk about the topic? every song you listen to seems to be sing of it? and every bible verse you come across seems to be addressing you directly on the matter?

Thats called illumination.

And the issue for me at the moment is repentance.

Repentance. A familiar term, and one which, having been a christian for 14 years now I am certainly no stranger to. Or am I?

A number of mysteriously (or God-ordained) conversations, books, articles, bible verses and songs seem to be teaching me new things on the issue of repentance. Particularly helpful have been conversations with my Pastors wife, Julie, and an article by Tim Keller.

Define repentance? well, the text book answer; saying sorry and turning my life to the other direction. Correct. But over the past week I have been challenged to look a lot more at the root of my repentance.

So, over the next few days I'm gonna be talking about repentance and what God has been teaching me through Julie Warrenburg, Tim Keller, and George Whitefield!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!