Monday 28 November 2011

Welcome Advent!

On Thursday, I'm flying out to Austria for the start of December... I can't wait! Can't wait to head to the christmas markets, crunch through the snow and catch up with good friends over Schwarztee and cake. It will be Ava's first trip to Austria and I'm excited to introduce her to so many special people. She'll no doubt get a visit from Nikolaus on the 6th too!

As I'm away from the 1 December, I'll miss the start of advent this year, so last week I packed up my autumn decorations and pulled out my winter decorations. Don't worry - the christmas decorations, tinsel and tree won't make an appearance until my return, but my advent candles are out and my mantel is looking very christmassy!

Enjoy browsing!


Picked up the cute trees in Norway, the frame cost me £2.50 from the charity shop and was then a scrapbooking job and I got the candles on sale... bargainous!


Felt hearts were a Panduro purchase (I love that company!), as was the lace ribbon round the candles

 This is our book basket... I'm starting a christmas tradition. Every advent, Ava will get a christmas book in the run up to christmas. I've bought her two this year to get her started, but she's not allowed to open them until the 1st of December.




I jazzed up our lampshade with some silver ribbon wrapped around so it matches with everything else, and our little gnome appears for autumn and winter every year... she gets to stay out for 2 seasons!!


The finished mantel!

Happy advent everyone!

Claire x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!