Wednesday 22 February 2012

All grown up...

Today my little girl is 6 months old... where has the time gone? It seems like yesterday that I first met my little Ava M... a bundle of screaming red wrinkles, and now she's a proper little girl - sitting up, rolling over, waving, eating solids... it scares me sometimes to think already how much more independent she's become. A few months ago, she needed me for everything... every day, she's getting a little bit bigger and wanting to do things for herself. I know in no time, she'll be walking, she'll be starting school, and one day, she'll be leaving home...

But enough of thoughts that make me want to cry. Instead, I need to cherish every day with this little bundle of joy, and not be trying to stop time, and hold it still, but instead be grateful that God has given us the immense privilege (and scary responsibility) of being her parents! She's in his hands, and while every day she becomes a little bit more independent of her Mama, I pray she'll grow up to learn that she is totally dependent on the Saviour, Jesus.

Happy half year birthday Bubba!

Playing in her pram while Mama does the hoovering...

Ava's toy train...

Queen of dribble...

Cheeky monkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!