Friday 11 May 2012

Spring! Spring! Spring!

I'm hoping that we're finally going to see an end to this rain and see some spring sunshine soon... I love this time of year. Late spring with its (supposed) sunshine, blooming buds and that smell of freshly cut grass... it always makes me think of that song from Seven Brides for Seven brothers (GREAT film!)


Oh, the barnyard is busy in a regular tizzy,
And the obvious reason is because of the season
Ma Nature's lyrical, with her yearly miracle
Spring, Spring, Spring.


All the hen-folk are hatchin'
While their men-folk are scrathin'
To ensure the survival of each brand new arrival.
Each nest is twitterin',
They're all baby-sitterin',
Spring, Spring, Spring.

It's a beehive of buddin' son and daughter life,
Every family has plans in view.
Even down in the brook the underwater life
Is forever blowin' bubbles too.

Every field wears a bonnet with some spring daisies on it,
Even birds of a feather show their clothes off together.
Sun's gettin' shinery, to spotlight the finery,
Spring, Spring, Spring.


This kind of weather makes me want to fling the patio doors open and give the house a good ol' spring clean. I tackled a fair bit today, and baked a marble cake too with a new recipe. Nice enough but a bit dry... should have stuck to the familiar! Oh well, we live and learn!

This spring theme has put me in the mood to update my decorations... think Easter decorations are ready to go away now... on to some fresh spring themes I feel!

So that's my weekend project: I'll post some pics of my spring decorating next week... but here's some ideas in the meantime from Pinterest!








Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!