Wednesday 26 September 2012

One Big Adventure!

Life is a bit of a whirlwind at the moment... since Ava turned one, it seems life is one big adventure of discovery for her. Everything is exciting, to be explored... crunchy autumn leaves, conkers, spiders webs. Everything is felt and turned over in those little hands and prodded and poked... its helping me to appreciate creation once again. To see everything through the eyes of a one year old who has never seen these wonders of nature before! The lovely scrunch those leaves make when crinkled up in little hands, the smooth texture of the conker, and the wonderful "conk!" it makes when bashed together with another, the sticky intricacy of a spiders web that tangles itself around you... its made me think a lot of Psalm 8...

When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them?

This incredible God who has made all these intricacies, alongside the huge fire-balls of stars. THAT God cares for me... for my family... for my little ones. Incredible. Breathtaking.

And watching the pinnacle of his creation - people - who he made in his image has been the most breathtaking of all. Watching this little person - so helpless and vulnerable - turn into this little personality with bundles of energy - wriggles and laughs and tantrums and sleepy cuddles - has been such an incredible journey. And now she's starting to SAY things... I caught her the other day with her dolly on her lap rocking backwards and forwards and singing "row, row, row..." on repeat. I mean, when did that little newborn learn to do that?! She comes out with words in german and norwegian and english and I'm left astounded at this God who has made a little human brain capable of picking up these words in three languages at such a young age (I mean, I knew this whole trilingual thing would work... but seeing it actually happening before our eyes is OH so very exciting!)

Anyway... here is my daughter's rendition of "Row Row" with her dolly... I hope you enjoy and I'm only sorry I didn't grab my camera quicker as I only caught the tail end of it! The video was originally about 30 seconds long, but somehow my laptop is playing up and has cut it down to 4 seconds (the first 4 seconds before I managed to get it in focus!) Still... you'll get the idea!











No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!