Wednesday 21 November 2012

For good friends...

Today, I am so very thankful for good friends....

In friendship... we think we have chosen our peers. In reality, a few years' difference in the dates of our births, a few more miles between certain houses, the choice of one university over another... the accident of a topic being raised or not raised at a first meeting - any of these chances might have kept us apart. But, for a Christian, there are, strictly speaking, no chances.

A secret Master of Ceremonies has been at work. Christ, who said to the disciples, "You have not chosen me,  but I have chosen you," can truly say to every group of Christian friends, "You have not chosen one another, but I have chosen you for one another." The friendship is not a reward for our discriminating and good taste in finding one another. It is the instrument by which God reveals to each of us the beauties of others.

- C. S. Lewis -

Nothing is an accident for God. So very grateful for the people he has put in my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!