- Simple Living
Tuesday, 11 December 2012
Countdown to Christmas 7: Classmate Treats with Catrin from "Love Life!"
Over to you Catrin!
Hi my name is Catrin and I blog over at Love Life! Unfortunately, I only write in German there, but feel free to email me or leave a comment if you have any questions (or use the google translator, installed on my sidebar - just in case you want to have a good laugh! ;-))
When Claire asked me if I could help out with some kind of creative little project around Christmas-time, I was happy to do so.
Every year, before the Christmas holidays, my son brings a "little-something" for his friends at school (last year we made Rudolph's spare red noses) and this year we've made a little Christmas fruit tea kit...
It's REALLY easy to make... even little children can help making the sugar cubes, stamping the labels or drawing a picture. And you can get really creative in packing them up!
* Sugar cubes
* Icing Sugar
* A drop of water
* Christmassy teabags (individually wrapped)
* little cellophane bags (for the sugar cubes)
* Card to wrap the teabags up
* Optional stamps, ribbon, tape to decorate!
So here goes!
1. Mix two tablespoons of icing sugar with a few drops of water and stir well until you have icing the consistency of honey. Add the water little by little; you only need a few drops!
2. Dip the sugar cubes in the icing and apply the sprinkles. Then leave them overnight to dry out.
3. Pack up your sugar cubes with a Christmassy teabag and make a cute little kit!
These little sets would also be nice for a friends or as an advent calendar filling! Or if you only make the sugar cubes, they add a little something extra for your advent teatime.
I hope you like the idea and enjoy Christmastime and the holidays to come!