Thursday 21 March 2013

Loving the homemade gifts...

We have been thoroughly spoilt rotten these past couple of weeks. Heidi turned two weeks old on Monday night, and she has literally been showered with prayer, love, affection and pressies! People are so generous, and little Ava has loved the seeming endless flow of parcels to unwrap - (of course, when you're one, its the unwrapping that's the best part of getting presents)...

We're definitely living in the times of the renaissance of homemade gifts... it seems everyone is loving the handmade look and Heidi has been very privileged to receive some really beautiful and precious hand-crafted gifts from some very talented friends. I couldn't resist sharing...!

Cute homemade felt bear - thanks to our East End friends - Ava got some little hanging birds too! The cardigan was also knitted by my very talented Mum

My lovely friend Cheryl made this gorgeous blanket with Heidi's name sewn into it


Heidi received some lovely home-knitted cardigans from neighbours and friends. I think little ones look so cute and snuggly when wrapped up in those cuddly cardigans!

And don't get me started on the food... we got homemade brownies (beautifully wrapped), lemon drizzle cake, fruit cake, chocolate cupcakes, chocolate cake, loads of homecooked meals... only I don't have photos because we've eaten them all already! Oops!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love the Cardigan ... You can tell mum I wouldn´t say no to one of those ;-) Just joking!
    All those things are really nice...and mine is almost on it´s way!
    xxx
    Catrin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I will pass the message on... ;-) Will let you know as soon as the parcel arrives!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!