Sunday 26 May 2013

Diagnosis?


We are back in hospital. And this time we have a potential diagnosis. Our baby girl may have Kawasaki’s disease. We are hoping we are not too late in catching it, and that it hasn’t affected her heart yet. We are anchoring our souls to the one who holds all things in his hands, who knit her together, who loves her even more than we do.

We covet your prayers. We can feel them, physically, giving us strength. I do not know what we would do without the comfort of the Saviour. I am writing this, feeling peaceful, and knowing that he is in control.

The Lord’s my Shepherd, I shall not want
He makes me lie down in green pastures
He leads me beside still waters
He restores my soul
He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I will fear no evil
For you are with me
Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Lord, I pray this prayer for ourselves in the midst of Heidi’s potential heart problems. Lord, you made our baby girl. You knit her together. I trust you. I trust that, thought I can’t get my head around it, you love her even more than we do.

Cover her with your protection. Let her little heart be yours – physically and spiritually – and give us the strength and hope that only you can give.

She is yours, Lord. She is the beautiful gift that you have given us. Help us submit to your good and perfect will. I love her with all that I am, but I trust you because you are good, faithful and ALWAYS there. Even in the valleys of life. Whatever may come, whatever journey we might be about to go on, you are there and will give us all that we need to cope through this trial.

Thank you that in our fears and anxieties, we can throw ourselves completely on your never-failing love.

Hold us tight, Lord. Hold us so tight that even when we despair, we can feel you there. We come in the name of our constant Saviour and the one who loved us enough to sacrifice himself for us - in Jesus precious name

Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Amen to that, Claire. Your whole family will be very much in my prayers. Keep on trusting God! Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Claire
    In your pain we pray you and your husband will find continuing peace. Our heartfelt love and prayers are with you and for little Heidi. Thank you for sharing your heart so honestly, it is humbling and we lift our hearts and prayers for you all.
    With all our love
    Andy and Michelle Minniss xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!