Wednesday 3 July 2013

Copycat...

Watching Ava with Heidi is a little bit like seeing yourself... the good, the bad and the ugly. Sometimes I cringe when I realise she's picked something up from me... the bad thing about bringing up your child multilingual is that there is no denying who's to blame when she says something shocking. If it comes out in German, I can't deny being the culprit, and if it comes out in Norwegian, Dave gets daggers!

But sometimes that mimicking is very sweet, and I love watching Ava's caring side as she dotes on her baby sister. I caught this clip on camera just after both girls had woken from their naps and it just made me smile. For the non-German speakers among you, Ava asks Heidi if she slept well, then asks her if she's awake, before turning to me and telling me that Heidi is shy. For me, the clip just shows so clearly the special bond these two girls are forming, and it warms my heart.

I'm so glad to have caught it on camera!






4 comments:

  1. That's utterly adorable! I hadn't picked up on the German/Norwegian thing yet - I'm Dutch and my husband's English so we have bilingual kiddies too. You can still blame it on the grandparents! :-) I totally blame my mum for my son's new response to things breaking. It used to be "Daddy fix it?", but since a two week stay in Holland it's: "Nieuwe kopen?" (buy new one?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww thats absolutely beautiful thank you for sharing it and linking up with #MagicMoments x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!