Friday 1 May 2015

A to Z Authors: H is for Hillenbrand



Well, April has passed us in a flurry of activity, and I have been utterly HOPELESS in the "H" department (see what I did there?! A little alliteration is always fun!) I cannot possibly pretend that I have finished my H book and if I'm honest, part of the reason is I'm less than excited about my "I" book which didn't help my desire to really get cracking on H... although now I'm into it, I can't put it down!

Has anyone got any good recommendations by an author who's name begins with I??? I'm just not convinced the one I picked up at the library is going to be any good at all!

But hey-ho... onwards and upwards! Here's what I've been reading this month...



Book 8: "H"
LAURA HILLENBRAND
"UNBROKEN"
The true story of Louis Zamperini - a young delinquent who was constantly in trouble with the local police, who later channeled his energies into running and ended up at the Berlin Olympics. After war broke out, he found himself on a doomed flight, floating in the ocean and into a story of survival. Hillenbrand paints a vivid picture and you feel the thrill of the young mischief-maker, the excitement of the Olympics and the uncertainty of wartime survival. She is a brilliant writer - a page turner... and I'm excited to see what the second half of the story holds... I'll have to fill you in next month I'm afraid!

So hopefully YOU have all been more successful than me! Now it's your turn! Share your #atozauthors posts below... here are the rules!
1. Link up your #atozauthors post through the linky below
2. Comment on the host blog
2. Pop over to someone elses blog and see what they've been reading - leave them a comment too!

That's it!

Happy reading for May folks, and please let me know if you have any "I" recommendations!




3 comments:

  1. Eva Ibbotson is one of my favourite authors Claire. Most of her books were originally written for adults but have recently been repackaged as Young Adult but I think they work for both (or maybe I'm just young at heart). Journey to the River Sea is the classic but I think you'd like A Song For Summer which is set in pre-war Austria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kazuo Ishiguro? I can't remember if you said you'd read Remains of the Day (wonderful book) but also Never Let Me Go (that was made into a film with Keira Knightly and Carey Mulligan) - although the latter may not mix well with pregnancy hormones unless you feel a need to be a bit weepy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great read, I love a book that you can't put down. Hope the brilliance continues! Not sure what to recommend, I'm sure you'll find a great one :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!