Friday 4 September 2015

Plaits, Parties and Purple Hands... #littleloves

Well, its been a crazy old summer, and Little Loves took a bit of a back seat while we soaked up the sun in Cornwall and Norway. I always like to have a bit of a break from the blog over the summer... I often find I come back inspired and ready to roll again. So this little loves is a little different, in that its encompassing my little loves for the whole month, rather than this week - I hope that's OK Morgana!!
 
Read
I have read a tonne of books this summer, and I'm going to be writing up my next A-Z authors post this coming week... but one book that Ava and I both pored over was this one...



This past year we have had so much fun exploring all the fabulous things you can do with a little ladies hair, and this book was just brimming with inspiration! Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available in English... but I'll keep a look out for the non-Norwegian speakers!

Watched
Our holiday home in Cornwall had a great supply of DVDs, and one night, when everyone else was out, Dave and I settled down in the "cinema room" (yes - the house was insane) and watched "Seabiscuit"... its a true story about three men, all differently affected by the Wall Street Crash, and one horse. It was a great watch - the cinematography was a bit weird and took a little while to get used to, it almost felt like it had been made in the early nineties on a low budget (even though it was actually produced in 2003), but once you got over that it was such a great film and we both got totally sucked into the story. I do love me a true story!



Heard
Lots of renditions of "Happy Birthday!" Ava, myself and my brother-in-law all celebrate our birthdays within 5 days of each other so there were a lot of candles and a lot of cake! Ava had a celebration in Norway, and then came home for her Fairytale Party on Monday... I had a surprise from my parents in Norway, and then was thrown another surprise party last Friday night (blog post on that one to follow - this is what happens when you have a big birthday!) Then on Tuesday night, we went out for my sister's birthday too. It's been a month of birthday bashes!



Wore
My new watch. My favourite birthday present was this Breda leather strap watch. I love the detail and the little pops of colour - blue thread, red clasps and a little purple second hand. I haven't had a watch in so long and Dave did such a great job in picking out one he knew I'd love. It hasn't left my wrist since! (Except when I'm sleeping!)




Made
A four year old Fairytale Party... I made birthday cake, banners, Enchanted Wood signposts and even built Grandma's cottage! It was so much fun! You can see more of our party fun here.


And Lastly...
This weekend I am heading back to Northern Ireland for my Grandad's funeral. He was 94, died peacefully and spent his life following Jesus. Death is so sad, and has cast its shadow over this particular week, but I can honestly say I rejoice for him that he is now in a better place. When I look back over this summer, I realise I have seen the beauty of life, of creation, of this world in some really poignant ways, but at the end of the day, it is all temporary, and I'm thankful to God for certainty in the future whatever comes.


It's been a wonderful summer, full of wonderful memories and I'm grateful to God for the gift that its been.

Now bring on that September routine!

 
butwhymummywhy

6 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandad. I hope his funeral is a wonderful celebration of his life. And now on to the book about plaits - maybe we can petition the publishers! Or...you and Ava could do tutorials...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your granddad, it really is so sad.. I love the look of the book! I am useless at plaits and Moo gets fed up rather easily when I cannot do them! Im a bit cak-handed ;) The fairy party looks adorable! Glad it went well. Happy Belated birthday to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your Grandad, it's never easy no matter the age.

    Your new watch is beautiful and loving the fairytale birthday theme, very pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fairytale party looks absolutely amazing...what a fantastic idea. I love your watch too, fab 30th birthday present. Sorry to hear about your Grandad, but what a blessing to know he is now rejoicing with his Heavenly Father. Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your grandad. I love the fairytale party. Sounds like you have had a lovely summer on the whole.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful Little Loves Clarina. Grouping a months worth in one post is a lovely idea and a great way for us to catch up with you. That fairytale party looks beautiful, so much detail!
    Beautiful words about your Granddad, so sorry for your loss. xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!