Friday 1 January 2016

Welcome New Year...



January: Rain pummels the patio doors, wind whistles past the windows and I sit with cosy toes in our warm little house. There is something so satisfying about being warm, dry and cosy when a storm is brewing outside... This kind of weather makes me feel reflective and thankful to God for all we have.

2015 was a good year.

I have taken a little blogging break this Christmas, and its been good for me. I've missed it, and have had a hundred and one ideas, but my camera is broken and to be honest, I've felt a little bit lost without it. I realised so much of my writing inspiration comes from an image... does anyone else find that? I've realised how much this little photography hobby that began when Dave bought me my first camera for Christmas four years ago has become a bit of a passion for me. With every photo I take, I feel like I'm learning something, and improving, and having plenty of learning space still to grow!

I've had lots of opportunity just to be, enjoy the moment, and not feel the need to reach across for a camera... its been frustrating in some ways, but its also been good just to take a step back and actually watch things unfolding in front of my eyes without a lens stuck between them. A little opportunity to practice simplicity and just be present.

Very, very, very good for me!

But now, with the new year, and having had a little break (this always happens when I take a break from the blog for a week or two) I'm feeling all inspired and brimming with ideas and just don't have enough time to get them all down! I'm thinking through my resolutions for this coming year... There are so many... Far too many, and I know I need to take some time to prioritise and be realistic about what is actually possible... So I'm going to keep thinking on that one and it'll be a blog post of its own.

For now, we will begin to store away the Christmas decorations, pack up the festive CDs and start to gear ourselves up for a new school term.

Before I know it, 2016 will be well underway!

So here's wishing you and yours all the very best for 2016!

Claire




3 comments:

  1. Snap! I love that cosy feeling when its stormy out and I'm snuggled up indoors it is definitely one of the best things about winter. Your wonderful photos and reflections and those of other mommas have definitely inspired my resolution this year to become better at capturing everyday momemts with my little family xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year!!! I hope you've had lovely Christmas and a great start to the new year. I wonder what adventures 2016 will bring our way??! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year!!! I hope you've had lovely Christmas and a great start to the new year. I wonder what adventures 2016 will bring our way??! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!