Friday 2 February 2024

Progress, progress, progress...

One day at a time... its been my motto for the last two and a half weeks as I have gradually gained strength. While I'm still far from back to normal (I'm still slow at moving, and my stomach muscles are still non-existent!) this week has felt like a bit of a milestone week in terms of progress. It can be frustrating, but I'm trying to notice the little moments of progress that show that I am, slowly, getting better...

Like that I finally  unpacked my hospital bag...


And that this little lady hit her birth weight again...


... and hit the two week old milestone!

It was also the week that Dave returned to work, and so school runs have gradually been reintroduced - I even made it to Elias' assembly yesterday morning (nothing like your kid's beaming smile when they spot you in the audience!) I haven't, however, been flying solo yet. My lovely Mother-in-law from Norway flew over on Monday to meet Annika and help me man the ship as I regain strength... I am so grateful for her help with school runs and meals and cleaning - and for the help of lovely friends who have ferried our big kids around. and come to my rescue (Mum and Dad, Jack and Leanne, Amy, Avril, Nick, Steve and Dora, Mark and Jo - so grateful!)


It's been a funny couple of weeks... of learning just how incredible my body is, that it can do something like grow and carry and baby for so long and then start to recover and heal... but also how limited I am... and how dependent I've been on the kindness and generosity of others.

It's humbling. But good.

And this sweet girl? Well, we are just soaking up every minute of her. She's sweet and makes the cutest little happy noises. She's fixing on people now, and beginning to track us round a room. She adores music and if she's upset, quietens the minute someone starts singing. Good thing too, with the big siblings she's got! 



I suppose, through the slow days of recovery, and the sweet intensity of a newborn, I'm just relearning that ancient lesson... 

Patience is a virtue.












2 comments:

  1. You are doing great ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are truly wonderful make the most of going at a snails pace for the time being and enjoy the help and xare another school week coming to an end xx much love

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!