Tuesday 6 March 2012

The Tripp-Trapp Adventure

Ava has been on solids for a month and a half now, and I am ashamed to admit, I only got her a highchair this week... up until now, she's been gobbling up her dinner in all sorts of places... her bouncy chair, her Bumbo, her car seat and her buggy...

For years I have wanted a Tripp Trapp... living in Austria, where all the kids seem to have them, I really liked the idea of the little one being able to sit at the table with us, of a chair that grows with them (I have friends whose 9 year old is still sitting on his!) In fact, I used the Tripp-Trapp myself on numerous occasions when I lived out there ( aged 20+!) They are truly timeless and I was determined that Ava would have one...

First problem encountered... buy it new with all the attachments (basic chair, baby set, cushions and harness) and you're looking at spending £242.00 (and that's with the deal!) Now I love my little Ava M, but that is seriously too much money for a high chair... and I couldn't justify it when you can get a regular high chair for £30-£40 at Mothercare...

Cue eBay! I have only used it once before, but was determined that Ava was going to get her Tripp Trapp at a vastly reduced price... and I know these chairs; they're sturdy and last donkeys years, so I knew if we got one in decent condition, it would last us however many children we end up having, even though it is second-hand!

I bid, and bid and bid... and seemed to get pipped to the post at the last second every time! It was SO frustrating. Until (free bit of advertising here!) someone introduced me to auctionsniper... AMAZING! You put in your top bid, and it bids for you... bidding at the next increment at 5 seconds to go, meaning its virtually impossible for someone to manually outbid you! The only way it doesn't work, is if someone has got an automatic top bid higher than yours. Genius! Literally, the first time I tried it... we won!

So on Thursday, I headed off to Silchester to collect my Tripp-Trapp (fun and games on a 3 hour round trip with a 6 month old... but that's another story!) Seriously nice house... (yes... I have to admit, I had serious house envy going on... it was a proper vintage country mansion - shabby chic dream!) But Ava now has her Tripp-Trapp and is a VERY happy bunny...




Happy as Larry!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!