Wednesday 27 February 2013

Spring has sprung!

Or perhaps not... I'm ever hopeful it will soon make an appearance... last week it seemed it was on its way, and now we've been hit by another cold front. But something needed to be done; my valentine's decor was getting a bit dated...


... and I thought spring needed perhaps a little encouragement to come our way...

I absolutely adore the changing of the seasons... I love each season for its own merit. Each one brings something fresh and new. Spring is so precious. It means life and new beginnings and ultimately prepares us for Easter...

So here we go, my spring mantel... a little early, perhaps, but I know I'm going to have my hands full over the next few weeks, and I didn't want the valentines decor to still be up in June!!



When through the woods and forest glades I wander
and hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees...
When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur
and hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze

Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee
How great Thou art! 
How great Thou art!

(Adapted from original Swedish, 1953, Stuart K. Hine)


This was one of my leaving gifts from my wonderful colleagues at school. So fitting for this time of year! (And it fits the colour scheme too!) The votives are Yankee Candle "Garden Hideaway" and smell lovely and springy and are much cheaper than buying the big candles. The candle holders are actually pretty little glasses I got in IKEA about six months ago for £1 each!
This is my own Homemade Hutte creation... you can order one here
The flowers were a gift from my lovely friend Emma. I rearranged them and put them in a smaller pot which I criss-crossed with sellotape to hold them in place and create a grid (totally nicked from Kirstie's Homemade Home series one) Maybe I'll do a tutorial on that one day! As with all my best ideas - totally "magpied"
S
Picked up this cute little birdhouse in a post Spring sale last year for about 50p and I've been waiting to use it ever since!!!
So, hopefully spring will get the message, and get a move on - I'd like some sunshine, some daffodils and some buds blooming on the trees. Oh, and that gorgeous fresh Spring scent in the air!!!

Grateful to God for the changing seasons... and for all that this one particularly helps us remember!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your post at our linky party this week!
    I love the flower arrangement and the symmetry of the decor.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!