Friday 8 March 2013

What a week!

Today has been our first full day at home... its been lovely to see people again, and introduce them to Heidi... Dave has been an absolute rock... dealing with newborn baby, post-surgery wife (who is learning a lesson in being dependent - something that does NOT come naturally to me) and sick eldest daughter. Things are slightly manic here, and yet we are so grateful... we know that things could have gone oh so differently if we'd been in another part of the world.

So we thank God for the gift of a precious new daughter, for his faithfulness to us, and for the miracle of life!

A few minutes after Heidi's arrival...

So grateful to have her safely in the world!

"For I am fearfully and wonderfully made" Psalm 139:14
Pretty in pink

Girl time!

Daddy's girl

Poorly big sister - still ever so sweet with Heidi even though she's still not well, bless her.
It's been a crazy week - full of a rollercoaster of emotions, and I can't deny I'm looking forward to things settling back down again into a new kind of normality, but this week has been such a miracle. We have been conscious of your prayers amidst all the uncertainty, and when they discovered Heidi had turned again, while I was in labour, I expected to feel panic - that had been our worst case scenario... but I felt such peace and we were served by such amazing professionals; I know with absolute certainty that God held us in his hands throughout.

"Your works are wonderful: I know that full well" Psalm 139:14

2 comments:

  1. God is good all the time Claire. Beautiful photos. Loved the toes! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos! You look great...and Dave looks rather fetching in blue scrubs! What a cutie she is! Aaron

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!