Wednesday 11 December 2013

Homemade Gingerbread Playdough Fun!

Yesterday morning, while Heidi was down for her nap, Ava and I decided to get involved in a little festive creativity... 

Ava is REALLY into playdough... She spends hours, at the moment, creating little cats and snails and baby Jesus' (!!) I felt very inspired at the weekend by my lovely friend Julie who had made playdough for her girls, and decided it was about time I tried my hand at it.

It was SO easy! Mess free and took about 4 minutes to make.

I'd seen a fun idea for playdough over at the Imagination Tree which is fast becoming one of my favourite blogs; gingerbread playdough.

It smells AMAZING! A cross between gingerbread and mulled wine! (Probably because I had run out of cinnamon, so used mixed spice instead!)


I whipped it up in record time and Ava then had great fun cutting out little gingerbread men!


Of course, you could add a couple of drops of food colouring to add some excitement, but given that this was gingerbread scented, we thought we'd stick to the traditional colour too...



Ava had great fun with the buttons too... experimenting with pressing a stamp into her playdough, or just pushing them in so her gingerbread men looked suitably dressed!


A quick, easy, fun, festive craft for everyone involved!

* Heidi was kept well away... everything goes in her mouth at the moment, and when the stuff smells that good... well, there'd have been no stopping her! *


You can find Anna's amazing gingerbread playdough recipe here



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!