Friday 21 November 2014

World's Easiest Cheese Scone...

A few weeks back, Ava came home from School with a scone recipe. I promptly filed it and forgot all about it, until Tuesday, when she announced she'd like to bake something, and I wracked my brains trying to think of something, anything I could bake with only the basic ingredients I had in the house. I stumbled across aforementioned scone recipe and it was a dream!


Seriously, like the easiest, yummiest, quickest recipe I think I've EVER come across.

And of course, I just had to share!

It took us less than ten minutes to throw together, was so simple that Ava managed to do all of it herself, and it tastes DIVINE (especially when eaten straight out of the oven with a bit of melted butter!

So here you go!!
Ingredients
225g (8oz) Self-Raising Flour
50g (2oz) Butter
75g (3oz) Cheese
120 ml (4 fl oz) milk


Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees/Gas mark 7

Step One: Rub together the butter and flour to make breadcrumbs
Step Two: Add the cheese (leave a little for sprinkling later) and mix in before pouring in the milk
Step Three: Stir the mixture with a knife and bring dough together to form a ball
Step Four: Flour a clean surface and place the ball of dough on it. Flatten the ball to about 3cm thick.
Step Five: Place on a greased baking tray and cut into 8 pieces (as above)
Step Six: Brush with milk and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Place it in oven. Bake for approximately 25 minutes
Step Seven: Devour... it's delicious!

3 comments:

  1. We had cheese scones on Saturday. Tricia Whitmarsh made them so scrummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that does look so very tempting - i shall have to file it for the day when cheese returns to my menu (oh happy day!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm making this as I type...it's currently in the oven, can't wait to taste it! Xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!