Saturday 15 October 2016

Crazy Days // Siblings in October


October, October, October... flying by in a whirl of ice-cold mornings and sunny afternoons, last conkers and first pumpkins, spiced, homemade soup and hot chocolates... my favourite season. A season filled with happy little voices, excitement and expectation and a bunch of little people oozing with personality right now. I am run off my feet, I'm not gonna lie. I don't ever want to give the impression that things are sorted and run like a finely oiled machine around here... we have our fair share of bickering and pulling-you-hair-out moments, and though my intention is always to maintain a calm and controlled presence, the reality doesn't always look that way.

This week we've succumbed, one by one, to the dreaded sick bug. There's nothing like illness to remind you of your limitations as a mother... To show your need for dependence on others. We like to think ourselves self-sufficient and jugglers of many balls, but when the bug-ball hits? They all go rolling...

It's been an interesting week...

Yet despite the crazy little season we find ourselves in right now, these three are actually in a really good place. The girls are thriving at school, and Jonas is loving having a little bit of Mama time to himself! So here are my little siblings in October...


Ava (5 years, 2 months) is loving...
* Reading real books!
* The sock puppet she made at school
* Making Jonas giggle
* Learning to play checkers
* The soundtrack to "High School Musical"

Heidi (3 years, 7 months) is loving...
* Decaf tea
* Hot chocolate with marshmallows at Nursery
* Going up the green ladder at school
* Watching old home videos of Mama
* Her Pioneer Family sticker book

Jonas (1 year, 4 months) is loving...
* Playing "boo" with the builders
* Watching the digger in the garden
* Taking his first steps
* Blowing his nose
* Mama

They keep me busy, they are the source of much of my worry, but also most of my joy... And I wouldn't have it any other way...

My little siblings in October...


The Me and Mine Project

4 comments:

  1. Love the candid photos, such a cheeky bunch #siblingsproject

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ava and Heidi look so grown up in these photos - very beautiful girls x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I hope you're all feeling better soon! I love these photos; the giggles and the fun they so clearly have in being cuddled up with each other can't fail but make you smile - I think these might be up there for some of my favourite of your Siblings pictures ever - even without Norway in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that first picture with Jonas in the middle! such happy shots x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!