Saturday 13 September 2008

An eventful Summer!

Well, a lot has happened since I last wrote... i'll try and summarise...

June was the musical month, I flew out to Austria for two weeks to perform "Candyland", the childrens musical Nicole and I had been working on for 2 years (www.candyland.at). It was a great success, we performed 8 performances in 4 theatres in front of around 2500 viewers. We were in the newspaper and state News, it was all a bit of a whirlwind to be honest!

In July I passed my driving test, which was a huge relief!! And then of course, the big news, DAVID AND I GOT MARRIED! We had an absolutely fantastic day celebrating with friends and family as we made our vows before God. The sun shone and we had a beautiful ceremony and a great day mingling, being photographed (a lot!), enjoying entertainment and barn dancing and we thank God so much for the many blessings he has richly poured on us in our families, friends and in each other.


Friday July 25th was certainly a day we wont forget!
Our wedding day was followed by a glorious 12 days in Spain where we enjoyed checking out the spanish history as we wandered around Granada, Seville and Malaga. It was great to get away after the manic preparation of the wedding and just spend time together. God has indeed been very good to us.
We returned to five weeks of nothing. We are so grateful to God for the privelege of our extended honeymoon, we had time to unpack, move in to our new flat (which we love), settle, prepare for our new courses and visit youth camps that we have both been heavily involved in in the past. It was a time we cherished and enjoyed settling in to married life!

We're now beginning a new chapter as we began teacher training this week, meeting new friends and having new opportunities to share Christ. After a year working for a church I'm very aware of being back on the front line, and aware of my weaknesses and tendancy to people-pleasing over God honouring, I'm praying that God will help me battle this idol and fear him alone as I share his incredible message with those on my course.

As we look back over this summer we are so aware that it has been extremely eventful, but in it all, God's hand has sovereignly guided us. He has been so good and provided for our every need.

Praise our God for his faithfulness and goodness to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!