Thursday 24 November 2011

Goodbye Autumn...

That crunch as you walk through the leaves, crisp sunny mornings, roast chestnuts, pumpkin soup and harvest thanksgiving... I love the autumn. It's actually my favourite season of the year... its such a wonderful time to be out in the great outdoors.

However, I love celebrating Autumn indoors as well and I thought, seeing as how its time to pack up my autumn decorations and get ready for Advent, I'd share some of my seasonal touches with you before I say goodbye for another year!

Decorating to the season is something I picked up in Austria when I lived there back in 2005/2006. I love the way it makes my home feel fresh and new all year round without having to actually do any DIY! This year, I undertook a number of projects to turn my lounge into a celebration of all things autumnal!

I got these wire leaves a few years back - they're brilliant for wrapping around lamp stands and candles and immediately give anything that autumny feel!

This year, I set myself the task of making an autumn wreath - normally reserved for Christmas... I came across this design and tutorial at Homestories A to Z - it just had to be made. The hard bit actually isn't making the flowers - its the hour you spend winding wool round and round and round the wreath base. It looks so cute when its finished though and a wool wreath is definitely something I'll try again for the other seasons!


Another project I undertook a few years ago was to make some autumn leaves out of Fimo... Fimo is amazing stuff - you can make anything with it and its so flexible and easy to use!


The last project I started this year was my "autumn leaves" board - I wanted a centrepiece for my autumn mantel and my friend Lisa gave me these wooden leaf coasters a couple of years back. I used them, a bit of MDF I'd painted and some wooden letters that I had stored away in a drawer somewhere and voila! My Mantel was ready...











Tomorrow Advent moves in!

Claire x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!