Wednesday 25 January 2012

Highlight of my week!

Wednesday mornings are quickly becoming one of the highlights of my week. On Wednesday mornings I have the privilege of meeting up with a bunch of women, packing our kids (8 of them in total - all 2 or under!) into the side rooms with a couple of wonderful helpers and heading, with cups of tea, jaffa cakes and bibles, into the comfort of the lounge for Bible Study. We're an interesting mix... some of us are christians, some of us aren't, some are working mums, some are housewives, some are enjoying maternity leave, some have babies, some have toddlers, some have school-aged kids and some have teenagers! What do we have in common? We meet up every Wednesday to read the Bible together, ask some big life questions and try and understand what God has to say to us!

WHAT a privilege... every week I leave excited, thrilled and honoured to be able to meet up with these women... to have the privilege of explaining the good news of Jesus and watch as the penny drops. It's wonderful and I leave so grateful to God for these women who are really seeking, thankful for what I learn there and amazed (though I shouldn't be!) that God's Word is so powerful as to change lives. I have seen it time and time again, and yet it never ceases to amaze and thrill me.

So I'm off to Bible study now - to learn, to grow and to be challenged, and I thank God for the opportunity to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!