Tuesday 27 March 2012

The joys of teething...

This is a picture of my poor, grumpy baby... she has not been a happy bunny for the past couple of days, and all the symptoms seem to be pointing to the same conclusion: the dreaded teeth! Ava already has her bottom two and I think the top teeth are on their way.

I have caught myself getting frustrated with her a lot the last few days - and then I stop and think. How uncomfortable have I found it when my wisdom teeth are on the move (and I don't even have wisdom teeth issues)? And these poor little Bubbas can't even vocalise how they're feeling. It's pure guesswork...

I'm praying God will give me patience with Ava as she cuts these teeth. I'm praying he'll help me to understand and not get frustrated... to be sympathetic to her discomfort and make her feel secure and safe. I'm praying he'll help me to remember how blessed I am to have her, and how blessed I am that this grizzly behaviour is not the norm. I'm praying he'll give me the strength to be a good Mama even when I've been up in the night and she's being clingy...

I'm also praying these teeth will come through soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!