Monday 26 March 2012

Resolution 13:

13. Resolved, to be endeavoring to find out fit objects of charity and liberality

This resolution moves from our heads and our hearts, to our hands. It's about the action that should stem from a mind that knows the Lord, and a heart that loves him. We are to be generous, giving and sacrificial because Jesus is generous, giving and sacrificial. But this isn't merely about talking the talk - Edwards uses the word "objects"... that means we're not just to give our words, or our time. It's practical giving... physically and generously providing for those in need.

Will you join me, today, in asking myself whether I am really giving? Giving so that I feel it... because if I don't feel the pinch of it, I'm clearly not giving sacrificially or liberally...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!