Thursday 17 May 2012

In the middle of Motherhood

This poem has spoken to me so much over the past few weeks - thank you Mahaney girls! Kristin, daughter of CJ Mahaney, wife of Brian Chesemore, and mother to Liam, Owen, Andrew and Claire, wrote this about this phase of her life

I am SO with her! (And I only have ONE child!)


Where am I?
I’m in our bedroom, trying to stay awake during morning devotions.
I’m in the kitchen, pouring bowls of Rice Krispies.
I’m in the car, running errands to the soundtrack of my children’s worship cd.
I’m at the supermarket, and Liam is hitting Owen with his shoe.
I’m in the candy store, endeavoring to buy some peace and quiet.
I’m at the house, unpacking all our stuff from the move.
I’m in the playroom, picking up Legos and army men.
I’m at the changing table, disposing of another stinky diaper.
I’m in the kitchen again, preparing cheese & melon for lunch.
I’m on my hands and knees, wiping up Andrew’s spilt milk.
I’m on the bed, catching a nap while the boys sleep.
I’m at the park, running after Liam who is trying to escape.
I’m on the couch, comforting Owen who fell & bumped his head.
I’m in the lounge, trying to keep Liam’s dirty feet off the furniture.
I’m back in the playroom, picking up more Legos.
I’m in the kitchen, making dinner.
I’m on the phone, arranging a play-date with another mom.
I’m at eye level with Andrew, correcting him for complaining, and reminding him that he needs a Savior.
I’m in the bathroom, giving three cute boys a bath.
I’m in the boy’s room, reading The Gospel for Children. (I’m thankful it’s for mommies too.)
I’m in bed, wondering how many hours of sleep I’ll get tonight.
I’m in the laundry room, changing wet sheets. It’s 1:00 a.m.

Where am I? 
I’m in the middle of motherhood.
And there’s no place else I’d rather be!


Hope you find it an encouragement too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!