Thursday 2 August 2012

Olympic mad...

I have tried to restrain myself. I do NOT want to be one of those bloggers who sounds like they really know their stuff when it comes to sport. I don't. My husband? He seems to know just about everything about every sport... who everyone is, what records they've won before, who the favourites are... me? I'm totally clueless.

But let me tell you this, I have been sucked hook, line and sinker into this Olympics. I think we've had the TV on all day every day since Saturday (when we've been in!) and I am struggling to pull myself away for meals, for fresh air... even for the fjords of Norway (how ridiculous is that!) I'm suffering a slight case of itchy feet as well, as its bizarre to watch such familiar places go past on the television, knowing how close to home they are and not being there...

Yesterday Ava and I wore red, white and blue and it seemed to pay off with Team GB FINALLY getting the golds! (Thank you Wiggins, Glover and Stanning) as well as a silver and 2 bronzes to add to the pile. Still a LONG way off China's 17 golds, and the USA's 12, but then I have to remind myself we're a little island with a population less than a quarter of the size of the USA, and only about 5% of China's. If you look at it that way, we're doing pretty well!

SO looking forward to actually heading to the games next week... soaking up the atmosphere... decking myself out in our colours again and seeing the stadium. What a privilege for our country to host such a major sporting event. Let's hope it does what it wants and inspires a new generation of athletes...

GO TEAM GB!

This evening, David and I tore ourselves away from the TV after Ava went to bed and left her in the care of her grandparents while we headed out on the boat...

Felt good to do something outdoorsy after watching so much sport all day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!