But there are life lessons in illness! Here's what I learnt yesterday...
1. That you don't realise how much you cuddle your babies til you can't.
2. That it physically hurts when they look up at you with those pleading eyes and you can't just scoop 'em right up and cover them in kisses.
3. That my Mum is UTTERLY amazing and drops everything for our family.
4. That my girls adore their Nanny (my Mum) and have no problem being whisked away while Mama recovers.
5. That two-year-olds are really, really naughty when they know their Mama is weakened.
6. That next door's hoover is really loud through the walls.
7. That Ryvita never tasted so good.
8. That you don't appreciate feeling well until you feel ill, and then you can't remember what it feels like to feel well.
9. That a 24 hour bug is a mercy, because its exactly that - 24 hours.
10. That flat lemonade is the best medicine ever.
So there you have it! I'm feeling SO much better now, and thankful to all of you who sent prayers and well-wishes my way.
I feel very loved.
Happy half-term everyone!