As my little lady worked her way through puzzles, danced to Disney tunes, and cooked up a storm in her Hytta, I washed and dried two loads of washing, changed bedding, dusted, hoovered and bleached.
But time to think.
And sometimes its helpful to just log what you're thinking, and realise those disjointed thought processes are the stuff of my little world right now...
* Thinking how thankful I am that my big girl has settled so well into nursery
* Thinking how pretty washing looks while drying on a sun-kissed line
* Thinking that the caterpillars killing my broccoli are annoying, but also rather adorable...
* Thinking that the girl's playhouse is our own little piece of Norway in the back garden
* Thinking that getting into crisp, fresh bedding is one of the best feelings in the world
* Thinking that I love September sunshine
* Thinking about lovely friends and hard situations
* Thinking that watching our 18-month-old running round the garden with a tablecloth over her shoulders singing "Let it go!" is just about one of the cutest things I've ever seen.
* Thinking that its a shame the library is closed on Mondays
* Thinking that when I isolate all those little thoughts, I realise how very blessed I am...
And then I'm left not just thinking, but thankful...
"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18