Which is why we were thrilled to get an invite from lovely friends to spend the Thanksgiving weekend celebrating together, and being thankful for good friendships, good food and great fun...
Dave has been away in Germany this week, so I feel like I haven't stopped to take a breath. Looking after three children on my own has been stretching to say the least. I'm not going to pretend it's been a breeze... But starting the week off with friends gathered together was wonderful. The children loved all the attention they got, I was able to catch up with friends while they had fun and we all guzzled down the roast... Complete with cornbread!
It was delicious (there were greens too... Just not in this photo!)
This week has been a little different... And in many ways the differences have helped me see how much I have to be thankful for...
* Thankful for a husband who takes on a huge amount of the burden with three children
* Thankful for friendships - some from childhood, some more recent, but all precious!
* Thankful for antibiotics and hospitals... Both of which have got us through this past week!
* Thankful for creativity... And the joy of sharing that love with others
* Thankful for a warm home when it's been blustery cold outside
* Thankful for kind friends who have fed us this week!
* Thankful for family round the corner who help me out SO much... You are wonderful!
* Thankful for three little children who have actually been little stars this week!
* Thankful for Jesus who loves me utterly and completely every day despite my failures
* Thankful for grace and a fresh start when I have a bad day.
* Thankful for weekends!
* Thankful for return flights from Germany!
* And thankful for pumpkin pie... And lovely friends who polish it off...!
I have so much to be thankful for... And it's good to stop and remember that... Particularly in a season which is hectic and busy and cold and dark, and in which its all to easy to have a good old moan...
And to remember the lovely things about this time of year... Like cosying up under a blanket in front of a good movie!
Thank you Cheryl and AK for hosting us... We loved our first Thanksgiving!