July is sunshine and blue skies, adventures and exploration, early risers and long light evenings.
It is the smell of BBQs and freshly cut grass.
It is the sound of children's laughter and birdsong.
It is the taste of freshly picked strawberries and homemade lemonade.
It is School fairs and Sports Days, rounders and reports.
It is the woods and the beach, the farm and the fields.
It is the prospect of a long summer ahead; hopes and plans and bucket lists.
It is the crowning glory of summer.
And I intend to savour every second of it.
What is July to you?
Our Tried and Tested Homemade Lemonade Recipe
One cup lemon juice (about six lemons)
One cup caster sugar
One cup boiling water
Three cups cold water (to dilute)
* Squeeze lemons, removing pips with a sieve, and pour into a glass
* Put the boiling water and sugar into a saucepan and create a syrup by dissolving the sugar
* One the sugar is dissolved, add the lemon juice
* Dilute with 3-4 glasses of cold water
* Put it in the fridge to chill, and then serve it with lemon slices