And some serious Sibling time!
We are adjusting well... Tomorrow, Jonas will turn one month old, and the girls are loving life with a little brother. They are totally besotted with him, but also starting to realise there isn't a lot he can do right now, so actually playing with each other is still for the most part more interesting. This month has seen a slight change in the dynamic. Heidi is growing up, developing her own interests and having a lot more opinions about what she likes and doesn't like, and Ava, who has spent the past two years doting over her baby sister and pretty much letting Heidi have her way, has realised that the baby is no longer a baby, and actually she would quite like her way sometimes too...
The result? A little more action on the bickering front.
It's new territory for us, so the summer months will be a good opportunity for a little "home training"... a little learning of some life lessons. I am glad for the space and freedom that the summer offers to home in on these kind of issues. The busyness of daily life sometimes makes it harder to follow through consistently, to have the time to think creatively about how to teach the girls certain life skills. This summer looms large, and kindness and sharing are top of my list! Of course, selfishness is a characteristic that the girls will spend their lives battling (don't we all?)... I'm not naive to that... but I'm hoping the summer will offer the opportunity for a little teaching and training in that department...
Ava (3 years, 10 months) is loving...
* Talking about her new school and all the exciting things she's going to do next year
* Colouring in - seriously, she'd do it all day if she could
* Starting to read - CVC words are where its at!
* Planning her holiday to Cornwall
* Helping Mama with Baby Jonas
Heidi (2 years, 4 months) is loving
* Cuddles and kisses with Baby Jonas
* Marching up and down the garden, pushing her buggy laden down with "shopping bags"
* Princess Sofia
* Her dolly "changing bag" -Tilly dolly gets her nappy changed a few hundred times an hour
* Singing... this girl is ALWAYS singing...
Jonas (1 month) is loving
* Starting to smile
* More milk
So that's where we're at! I'm looking forward to a summer of having these little siblings together and sharing lots of family adventures... watch out for our next "Siblings"... it will probably be fjordside in Norway!
So there you have it... our little Siblings in July...