Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Baby update... our little acrobat...

Yesterday we had our 7th scan. Yes, our 7th. I used to think it would be lovely to have scans throughout pregnancy, but to be honest, the last 4 have been little more than blurs on the screen, telling us how much fluid there is, that our baby is big etc etc. Yesterday was special because we got to see that cute little profile again (for the first time since the 20 week scan) and watched it drinking away at all that amniotic fluid its swimming in. Such a precious sight.

36 weeks and counting...
In the run-up to yesterday, we were praying for two main things... 1) That my fluid levels would have dropped, and 2) That baby would be head down.

My fluid levels have dropped (at last!!), and baby was head-down... at least at the start of the scan.

It seems our little one is an acrobat.

In the space of less than one hour, this baby maneuvered itself from head down, to transverse (lying across my tummy), to head down again. It seems someone's got quite a lot of room to swim.

We met with the Consultant afterwards. He is wonderful. I have so much faith in him and he just makes us feel so at ease. I am so grateful to God for the provision of the NHS in all of this. I know that Bubba and I will be well looked after.

The long and short of it is that its hard to make plans at the moment. As we saw, Bubba still has lots of room to move around, so until it decides to stay put, the Doctors are not sure what the best course of action is. If, at my next scan in 2 weeks, Bubba still is turning somersaults, they will want to admit me to hospital so they can monitor me and act quickly if my waters go. My initial reaction was "No! I can't leave Ava!" but I will do whatever it takes to make sure this baby is delivered safely, and I know that Ava will be well looked after if it comes to that.

If baby has found a position by the next scan, then we will be clearer as to where we stand. If baby is head down, they may want to induce me early to make sure they deliver while it remains head down. If it is sideways or bottom down, they will want to do a C-section...

The outcome I am praying for is that my fluid levels continue to drop... if they can drop enough to be back down to within the normal range, and baby can stay head down, then I'm all set for a totally normal delivery and all of this worrying and journey will amount to nothing.

I don't know what the outcome will be, but I do know that God knows, that he is faithful, and he will help us through these uncertainties. Thank you SO much to all of you who have been praying. We have felt God's peace throughout this whole tumultuous journey, and I just cannot wait now to hold this little one safely in my arms.

Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.
Deuteronomy 31:6

1 comment:

  1. Love you claire. Praying for u all and sending u lots of hugs! Love sar xxx


I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!