Wednesday 1 May 2013

Well Worn Pages...


This is a picture of my journals... I took it about a year ago, and it is pretty telling about how much I like to write - write about what's going on in my life, about what God is teaching me, sermon notes, reflections as I read the Bible for myself. Writing for me is a way to clarify my thoughts and its a bit of therapy too (hence this blog, I guess!) I breath more freely once I've written out what's on my heart... I stay focussed as I spend time with the Lord, as the writing stops me from getting distracted. Hence the piles of journals...



And this is a picture of my Bible... well-worn pages; highlighted, underlined and annotated. Sometimes the Lord makes something clear as I read the words, and I just don't want to forget it... sometimes something new will stand out and so I want to highlight it. The annotations tell a story... they speak as loudly as the journals about my journey as a Christian.

And that is why I was so excited when, at New Word Alive this year, I discovered this...


Yes... its a journaling Bible... a Bible specially designed with LOTS of space to be written all over...


And as you can see, I am making the most of it!



I love the fact it also has a built in One-Year Bible Reading Plan which, after numerous attempts before, I have always failed at (I think I've probably done the "read the whole Bible in ten years sporadically and in no particular order, reading some books five times, and others only once"). However, there's something about empty pages that I dislike, which means I now have the extra incentive to make sure I read through every single book - perhaps a year is a little unlikely with two under two, but I'm up for giving it a go!

I have not been asked to write this post, or paid to write this post, and am receiving absolutely nothing for it. So this is a genuine I-think-this-is-fabulous-and-worth-buying review...

You can get it on Amazon here...

And it comes in all sorts of designs... so you can go for a classy black leather, or you can go for something a bit more girly like mine...


Do any of you use anything which you find helpful for recording life or useful for jouraling/time with God? Do share in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a fabulous Bible for you! I'm happy for you that you made this discovery. I've tried journaling too but am not very consistent. I've had the same Bible for 20 years (got it for my 13th birthday) and it's falling apart, but I can't bear to switch to a new one because of all my old notes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a similar thing with my last Bible... It was very well loved and I was gutted to get a new one. It did become a necessity, though, when the entire book of James fell out!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!